Sunday, May 23, 2010

Invincible Ultimate Collection Vol. 5

Invincible Ultimate Collection Vol. 5 by Robert Kirkman and Ryan Ottley consists of issues 48 through 59 plus Astounding Wolf Man #11.

Invincible is a comic about a very powerful teenage superhero. Robert Kirkman does a great job of humanizing the character while at the same time giving us tons of fun adventures. One thing I love about Kirkman is that he keeps developing subplots in issues while finishing previous subplots. This way, every issue seems important while at the same time it creates moments where a bunch of subplots come into the forefront creating a big mess for our hero. I love this. You never know where Invincible will be in the next issue. There are countless villains making up their own plans and who knows when they will attack.

I read this volume in one sitting and it made me eager to get more issues of Invincible. This series is so good that it seems like waiting a year for the next collected hardcover is too long a wait.

I love this series. I read a lot of comics and this might be my favorite series. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment