Sunday, May 23, 2010

All Star Superman (Vol. 2)

All Star Superman (Vol. 2) by Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely consists of issues 7 through 12 of All Star Superman.

I read the first volume two years ago and I read the eleventh issue about half a year ago. I wasn't in love with the book, but it has so much praise that I had to give it a read. I like the comic, but I don't love it. I think it has a lot of cool ideas, great artwork and that it does a great job of making every issue have its own story while still developing an overarching arc to the whole series. However, I just didn't find myself caring that much for what would happen. Superman is dying, but I had a hard time thinking he would die.

I can see why a lot of people love this book, but it just didn't astound me.

No comments:

Post a Comment