Saturday, February 13, 2010

Walk In

Walk In by Jeff Parker, Dave Stewart and Ashish Padlekar consists of the first six issues of Dave Stewart's Walk In.

I bought this book because I got it for $2 since Virgin Comics went out of business. I was also confused by thinking the celebrity writer was Ray Parker (Darth Maul), however, the celebrity writer is Dave Stewart and Jeff Parker is the actual writer. I now know Jeff Parker is well known among comic fans (he writes Agents of Atlas, Underground), so I got a little more excited about having this book and overcame knowing the book is from a publishing company that no longer exists.

The comic is very good. We have a fun protagonist that works in a strip club "reading minds". Just reading about this character in the strip club and the funny things that occur was good enough for me, but the comic does have a deeper plot and an interesting story to tell. I won't spoil it, but I enjoyed it a lot.

The art was quite good. I was surprised to see that for the last issue, the writer does the art and he does a very good job. I thought the first five issues are strong enough for a story and at first I was skeptical of a sixth issue making the end too long, but the sixth issue made the series better. Let's just say that you can never go wrong with talking bears.

I was pleasantly surprised with this comic. I am very happy I read it. Good read to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment