Saturday, February 13, 2010

Dark Avengers: Ares

Dark Avengers: Ares by Kieron Gillen and Manuel Garcia. Dark Avengers: Ares issues 1-3.

The God of War Ares is asked to select a few soldiers from H.A.M.M.E.R.'s military to train. Osborn reasons that Ares being the God of War would have a lot to teach. The first issue is a very good one that show us what kind of character Ares is, specially his speech where he talks about how his view of war is so different from Athena's version. The second and third issue involve the specific mission that Ares has to accomplish, which I won't spoil.

I liked the comic quite a bit. There is plenty of humor and it made Ares interesting to me. I had seen the character before in other titles, but he was never that interesting until know. The main thing for me was to see that he is honorable, I particularly like the following quote:
"I am the God of War...The God of Slaughter...Even the God of Murder.
But I am not the God of Sadism."

I think the story was very good. This comic was a pleasant surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment