Saturday, February 13, 2010

Ultimo Vol. 1

Ultimo Vol. 1 by Takei Hiroyuki and Stan Lee consists of the first four issues of Ultimo (Shonen Jump 79-83).

Ultimo is a manga created by Stan Lee. I decided to read this manga because I was interested in checking out a new Stan Lee concept. The idea behind this manga is that there is a scientist that creates two robots Ultimo and Vice which are meant to represent poor good and poor evil. His purpose is to figure out if good is more powerful than evil.

The manga moves very quickly and with a lot of exclamation points. I notice that the art doesn't have much detail on most panels, but it gets very detailed in some special panels. I think this works to great effect to create an easy to read experience. However, I don't think there's many interesting things going on in this book. We don't really get to know much about Ultimo or Vice even though the book consists of 200 pages and it turns out that Ultimo does not exactly embody "good" as he has to find a master to teach him what is good and what is evil.

I think the manga works great for younger readers, but it is not great for adult audiences. Not a book I would recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment