Saturday, April 17, 2010

Thunderbolts: Caged Angels

Thunderbolts: Caged Angels by Warren Ellis and Mike Deodato Jr. consists of issues 116 through 121 of Thunderbolts.

Since Warren Ellis gets a lot of praise, I've been trying to read more of his comics. I recently read Nextwave and another Thunderbolts storyline. I haven't loved them, but I have enjoyed them. This is another solid story. I think it is much better than the first storyline Ellis wrote for the Thunderbolts. Here we get to see a lot of interesting things. We get to witness the heroics of Songbird, the return of the Green Goblin, a lot of cool fights (Swordsman versus Venom, Swordsman versus Green Goblin, Moonstone versus Penance) and we get to see mind-controlling rogues almost destroy the Thunderbolts.

A lot of things happen in this comic and it was a fun ride. It got me interested in knowing more about Songbird and Penance. I think Ellis did a very good job of making this title more interesting. The art by Deodato Jr. is excellent, with a lot of detail and amazing fight scenes.

This comic is not only worth reading, but it made "Thunderbolts: Faith in Monsters" worth reading too.

No comments:

Post a Comment