Friday, April 16, 2010

Recent Single Issues from Image Comics

Haunt #6 by Robert Kirkman, Greg Capullo and Todd McFarlane.
I liked this issue. It takes a detour from the main story, by giving us background information on the woman introduced in the last issue. She was Kurt's lover. The issue is pretty good.

Turf #1 by Jonathan Ross and Tommy Lee Edwards.
This issue came out in a very strong week for new comics with Shield and Codebreakers coming out. I liked this more than Codebreakers but Shield was my favorite by far. This issue has a lot of potential, because I really liked Eddie and since it seems that Eddie will be the main character, it seems like I will enjoy this comic. I am not enthused about aliens, but I am digging the beautiful artwork, the noir feel and the vampires. It seems like aliens, detectives, vampires and 1930s won't mix that well, but since the first issue was so good, I have high expectations for the rest of the series. This is one of those stories that have to be told in comic book form.

Chew #10 by John Layman and Rob Guillory.
Chew is a hilarious comic book and I have been loving it. This issue wraps up the second story arc and the issue is strong, however it isn't as funny as usual. I have high hopes for the next arc because now we know more about the main villain.
It was interesting for me to find that the tiny governor had good intentions and wasn't bad as I thought he was. He was just trying to make his island wealthier.
Once more, I should point out that the artist is fantastic. Guillory is the perfect fit for this comic.

No comments:

Post a Comment