Saturday, April 17, 2010

Godland: Hello Cosmic (Vol. 1)

Godland: Hello Cosmic (Vol. 1) by Joe Casey and Tom Scioli consists of issues 1 through 6 of Godland.

I had heard great things about this comic, how fun it is, how outrageous, etcetera. But when I was reading it, I wasn't into it. While the art is very good and the story is okay, I just thought that not much was going on.

Adam Archer is a nice hero, he has a sister that is jealous of his powers. There is a junkie villain which brings some nice comedy into the story and there are subplots which make it clear that there are plans for future issues. This is what makes me think of getting the second trade, but while reading the book, I just didn't feel the excitement I feel when reading other comic books.

I think the comic is well made, but it just isn't my kind of comic. Worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment