Saturday, April 17, 2010

Birdhouse

Birdhouse by Vernon White.

Birdhouse is a comic about a princess that wants to leave her castle and leave near the ocean. The king is a tyrant and he doesn't let her do much. He also is not well liked in his country.

Not much happens in the comic and the story is not very interesting. However, I liked that the comic was able to move along with few words, making this a very visual experience. I think Vernon White does a great job with the artwork. I particularly liked how a scene from the same angle looked different when it was a memory and when it was real. In the memory, the scene looks more beautiful. The scene was subtle, but when I finished the book it made me look at the images again.

I think the comic is meant for a younger audience, and I think it is a good book for children or young teenagers. I don't think the comic was very good for older readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment