Friday, June 25, 2010

Sleeper Season 2

Sleeper Season 2 by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips consists of issues 1 through 12 of Sleeper Season Two.

I just recently reread the whole Sleeper series and it was a very entertaining read. I usually don't like rereading books I've read before, but Sleeper is a complex story that can be enjoyed in multiple readings. In this particular book, we find Carver in an interesting situation as he seems to have decided to be a villain. However, his undercover handler, Lynch, is out of a coma, so he wants to use him to get him out. The story just gets better and better.

Brubaker does a great job of giving us cool stories here. Besides the main plot being very exciting and interesting, there are little gems here and there, such as a hilarious origin story for a villain that parodies Spider-man's origin story.

One thing I really like about this volume, is that we get to know a lot more about Tao. Tao is one of the most interesting villains I have seen. I always enjoy villains that are very intelligent, and Tao really seems like the most intelligent man on Earth. I enjoyed reading any time he was on a panel. Brubaker did a great job of writing intelligent dialogue for Tao. I am always amazed by how some writers can do a great job of doing this, while other writers fail at it.

The book gives an ending to the Sleeper series, and what an ending it is. I highly recommend this comic, comics like this are why I read comic books. Fantastic book.

No comments:

Post a Comment