Sunday, June 27, 2010

Doom Patrol Book 3: Down Paradise Way

Doom Patrol Book 3: Down Paradise Way by Grant Morrison and Richard Case consists of issues 35-41 of Doom Patrol.

This comic starts with a story of a transvestite street. A conscious street that can move from one city to another. It was a fun story.

The next story was not that fun for me. It was full of interesting ideas, such as an abstract world called "kaleidoscope" and wars without words, etc. However, the story was a bit boring for me. Most of the story wasn't that funny and it wasn't that interesting. In fact, the most interesting part for me in this story arc was the prologue at the beginning of each issue, a prologue which had nothing to do with this story but was probably setting up the next story.

The art in this series is okay. I don't think it is that great, but it gets the job done and the job is quite difficult when you have to draw things that seem impossible to draw . So much imagination is flowing in this title, hard to keep up for the artist.

Overall, the series is quite interesting and it has plenty of funny moments, but I think it too often gets bog down by having so many concepts floating around at the same time. I'll read the next volume because I was intrigued with the prologues in the issues here, but if the next story is not great, I am going to stop reading this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment