Friday, June 25, 2010

Jack of Fables Vol. 1: The (Nearly) Great Escape

Jack of Fables Vol. 1: The (Nearly) Great Escape by Bill Willingham, Matthew Sturges and Tony Akins consists of issues 1 through 5 of Jack of Fables.

After I read the Great Fables Crossover (a story that I loved in Fables), I became a little more interested in the Jack of Fables series. I decided to read the series and I am not disappointed, the first volume is quite good. It has a very different feel to Fables as Jack of Fables is more humorous and incorporates meta fiction much more (something that happened in the Crossover).

Jack is an annoying guy, but his personality creates a lot of humor. Jack is an arrogant, egotistical character, but he actually is quite powerful, so he can back up a lot of that arrogance.

I think it is worth checking out, specially for those that enjoyed the Fables Crossover. The book is different enough that it could appeal to people that don't like Fables, but I guess the fact that it is a spinoff makes that unlikely.

No comments:

Post a Comment