Saturday, March 6, 2010

More Single Issues

Casanova #1 and #2 by Matt Fraction and Gabriel Bá.

I had heard great things about this comic, so I had to try it out. The comic is all over the place and hard to understand at times. It took me a while to get into the style. I like the art and I like how the characters break the fourth wall to give us some jokes, however I didn't get interested in the characters.
While I can see why some people would love this series, it is not my cup of tea. I won't read the next issues, I just didn't get excited about what was going on.

Marvel Adventures Spider-Man #60 by Paul Tobin and Christian Nauck.

I have been loving the Marvel Adventures Spider-man, however, this issue is not very good. While it was cool seeing Spidey with a badge and I am still wondering how Chat lost her memory, I just wasn't into this issue as much as before. Spidey was very funny and it was very Peter Parker-y for Spider-Man to mess up this new found opportunity, however I am not a big fan of my hero messing up an opportunity so quickly.
The next issue is the last of the series, deciding to renumber after it, going back to #1. I noticed that #1 will be $3.99 instead of $2.99, so maybe that's the reason for the renumbering, that's unfortunate, but maybe this will inspire them to make an extra good last issue and then an extra good first issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment